I originally planned on blogging about last Saturday’s show, but I need to interrupt my intended blog post with some exciting news: My KICKSTARTER got approved and was posted today!!!!
In 21 days I’m trying to raise $1,000 to help fund my album. The prizes for pledges are the following:
- $1-Personalized Thank you Email
- $5-Digital Copy of “Like They All Did” and Personalized Thank You Email
- $10-Digital Copy of the Album and Personalized Thank You Email
- $25-Autographed Hard Copy of the Album, Autographed Photograph, and Everything from the Previous Level
- $50-T-Shirt and Everything from the Previous Level
- $75-I Will Send You A Video of Me Covering Any Song of Your Choice, and You Get Everything from the Previous Level
- $100-A Personal Mention in the “Thank You” Section of the CD’s Booklet and Everything from the Previous Level
- $500-I Will Travel to Anywhere in The U.S. to Perform a Show For You and Your Friends! You Will Also Get Everything from the Previous Level.
If you are interested in making a pledge, you can get to my KICKSTARTER here.
I would greatly appreciate any donations!!!
Now onto my original post….
Saturday was an important night for me: I got to perform at my third show! I got to open for the super talented Jimmy Murn of Jimmy Murn and the HeyMakers!
I was really excited but also super nervous, nervous to the extent that I didn’t eat much for most of the day which gave me a bad headache… Ahhh! Nerves!
I was more nervous and excited for Saturday’s show than my other two shows because this time I actually got to perform with Jimmy Murn! What a serious honor!
I am a planner by nature, but the way our schedules worked out, Jimmy and I actually weren’t able to practice until Friday night…
After a four-hour super fun jam session, we figured out what songs to do for the show. 😉
I was so excited and so nervous performing with someone!
At Saturday’s show at the Froth House, I started the show with songs from my album, TEMPTATION (sorry! Still in progress!).
Here is a clip of me performing my original song, “Temptation.”
I absolutely love Halloween, so I was super excited that the stage was decorated!!! 🙂
I ended my set by performing my original song, “That’s Life,” with Jimmy. Jimmy did an awesome accompaniment on his guitar and sang back up.
Here is a clip of Jimmy and me performing “That’s Life.”
After our song together, Jimmy did his set, which was awesome!
During his set, we did a cover of Ben Lee’s “Away with the Pixies.” I had so much fun with this song! I got to do backups and play the tambourine 🙂
Jimmy continued his set and did an improv song. He asked for a subject for a song. The audience suggested “a dog with fleas.” Then, on the spot, he made up a song with his guitar about a dog with fleas! It was super creative and funny of course 🙂
We ended the show with a cover of Pearl Jam’s, “Last Kiss.”
I’m STILL excited about Saturday’s show! I never thought I would be making a CD, performing live, AND sharing the stage with an awesome musician like Jimmy Murn!
I can’t wait to perform again! 🙂